Wednesday, November 15th, 2017
Indoor Basketball Nets, Court Divider Netting
Gourock.com supplies divider and barrier nets for many gymnasiums and basketball courts. Popular uses for netting installations in a court or gym environment are as divider panels between different game or practice areas, as barrier nets to contain basketballs within specific court areas, and protective nets to block lights, scoreboard, and spectator spaces from errant shots or rolling balls. Many of our customers that require basketball court divider nets are scholastic or municipal applications, and there are also many colleges, professional, and commercial facilities that need barrier nets and protective netting as well.
Because the netting available from Gourock.com is custom prepared per-order, you can get very specifically made nets that will fit your particular area – according to your own particular sizes. We use the highest quality DuPont® type 66-728 twisted-knotted nylon netting, which has many great benefits for indoor basketball court divider net installations. The custom nylon nets from Gourock.com are:
- prepared to your own specific sizes
- very strong and dependable for longterm usage
- lightweight and very user-friendly
- available in a variety of mesh size and twine thickness combinations to best suit your preferences and barrier requirements
- manufactured and shipped promptly with short lead-times and delivery right to your preferred location
- perfect for all commercial, professional, scholastic, municipal, and residential installations
There are a couple of most typical and popular mesh sizes for basketball barrier nets from Gourock, which are the 1-3/4″ mesh size, and the larger 4″ mesh size. We supply these netting productions built per-order to whatever dimensions you need for the job, and they are readily available to view, price, and order right through Gourock’s Online Netting Calculator:
Gourock also has the ability to incorporate very customized features into the netting productions as well, aside from the sizing availability. For instance, many times for commercial installations there are considerations for entrance or door areas, and also for particular edging or bordering characteristics that would benefit the installation approach. Here is a helpful example from one of our professional commercial training facility customers, Shoot360. Shoot360 is a high-end basketball training business that offers a very modern basketball training program. The nylon barrier and divider nets that we build and ship for Shoot360 locations feature:
- professional-grade #36 X 1-3/4″ DuPont® type 66-728 twisted-knotted nylon netting
- square mesh pattern nets, black in coloring
- webbing and grommet edges, along with selective edges incorporating 5/16″ braided polyester rope borders
- specifically sized netting panels to line-up with the necessary training and court areas within the overall gymnasium
- specifically located door/entrance areas in order to pass-through the divider nets from one training area to another
Most barrier nets and divider nets are installed using a cable-suspension method of hanging the netting. This generally entails installing a series of tensioned wires/cables between walls or supports, and then clipping the netting to the cables using carabiner-style snap-hooks. You can essentially view this technique as an “industrial curtain” approach.
As you can see from the example photos below, the Shoot360 nets also use the cable-suspension approach of netting installation. From the example photos, you can also see what the sizing needs are, the incorporated door/entrance features, and also where the different types of border edges were sewn-in and located. Should you have some specific features or details that you’re interested in, feel free to contact Gourock.com and we can take a look at what you are aiming for, and submit a quote for the production and netting that we can prepare and supply for you.
-Josh Grzyb @ www.gourock.com