The University of Wisconsin Recreational Sports Dept. is one of our very appreciated customers that has just recently wrapped-up a new netting installation within one of their training facilities. The issue to be examined and remedied was a typical situation that many organizations face, which is to protect lighting and ceiling components from various objects that may impact them. In this case, the UW needed to add a layer of protection across the entire span of one of their gymnasiums.
The solution for their needs was a series of netting panels built from the #21 X 1-3/4″ DuPont® Twisted-Knotted Nylon Netting that were each constructed in a square mesh pattern, and bordered with 5/16″ Dacron® Rope Borders. The first part of the job required a couple of 13′-7″ X 88′ netting panels, and then shortly followed by 8 more netting panels that featured dimensions that were all around 24′ X 44′. The second round of netting also included some interior rope riblines that were fairly specifically located in order to exactly match the steel wires/cables that were already in-place at the gym (which were the connection/installation points for the netting panels). You can view the details for the building sizes/locations for the second round of netting by viewing the images below.
For indoor barrier applications like this one, the #21 X 1-3/4″ square mesh knotted nylon netting is an optimal selection because:
- #21 X 1-3/4″ knotted nylon is extremely strong, but also a lightweight material
- allows for a highly dependable usage/durability without adding stress on the installation supports
- allows for light to pass-through to keep the area functionally illuminated
- square mesh pattern is extremely user-friendly due to the 90º mesh configuration
- 1-3/4″ mesh size blocks objects of a 2″+ diameter, making is it very versatile for many sports/athletic applications
These nets went from the quoting and designing process, to being produced/shipped and installed by UW within 3 weeks. Take a look at the great photos of the job that were sent our way this week, and if you have some inquiries of your own for similar sorts of netting supply you can always contact Gourock.com with your questions.